Amanda over at MissZippy is doing a yearly running recap link-up called Year of Running, and as I joined her last year I figured I would do so this year too.
- Best race experience? If by race you mean racing myself down the streets of my hometown – every single interval session that I’ve done this year. Fact: I didn’t race. I know I said I would, but I didn’t and I’m totally fine with it. OK, honest truth: I sometimes feel really bad about this, only to realize that the only reason I feel bad about it is that I feel like other runners will judge me, not see me as a “real” runner. But oh well, I run therefor I am a runner. And I truly feel like a real runner – even though I haven’t raced in a long while..
- Best run? ALL of the runs I got to share with my dad when I was back home visiting my family. Swedish forest trails, cool June temperatures and most importantly: My dad’s company. I truly loved every single moment of it!
- Best new piece of gear? SKORA Running FIT. Skora released a new model in the spring of 2014 and I fell madly in love with it. The Fit offers more cushion than the other models, without losing that ground feel, amazing fit and wonderful material/design that Skora won my heart through. (PS: I have a giveaway going where YOU can win a pair of Fits – head on over and enter NOW for your chance to win!)
- Best piece of running advice you received? “Run with heart” and some other things my dear dad told me. I knew that this was my way of running before, but hearing this from him just confirmed that I’m doing my thing and I’m doing it right. As long as my heart is with me, and I smile when running I know everything will be alright.
- Most inspirational runner? There are so many inspirational runners out there, but I have to say that Lauren Fleshman has done so much for me lately. To be completely honest, I had never heard about Lauren before she signed with Oiselle.. But when she did, I right away fell for her. Her attitude and honesty is like nothing else! How can you NOT be inspired by someone who with a sparkle in their eyes shares so much with you – inspiration, motivation, honest thoughts, truths and sister love. She is THE BOMB!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Challenging and therapeutic.
Head over to Amanda’s Year of Running 2014 blogpost to add your link to the link-up and to find other blogs on the subject!